Gulliver’s merit scholarship program acknowledges and rewards current and new Gulliver students entering sixth and ninth grades who demonstrate stellar academic performance and achieve outstanding SSAT scores. Gulliver offers five scholarships of $10,000 each per year to students who are enrolled to enter sixth grade; as well as five scholarships of $10,000 each per year to students who are enrolled to enter ninth grade. As the students advance to the next grades, they will continue to receive $10,000 per year toward tuition, as long as they meet the Terms of Scholarship and remain enrolled at Gulliver.
All sixth and ninth grade applicants to Gulliver, as well as current fifth and eighth grade Gulliver students who submit SSAT scores, will be considered for the scholarship. Finalists for the scholarship will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- GPA Range: 3.6 or higher
- SSAT Total Percentile Range: 90th percentile or higher
- Positive recommendations from teachers and counselor or current school administrator
Finalists will be notified of their selection by the admissions committee by January 24, 2020.
Once the finalists are selected, those wishing to pursue the scholarship must:
- Write an essay outlining their reason for wanting to attend Gulliver (prospective students)
- Write an essay outlining how Gulliver has made a difference to them (current students)
- Participate in an interview with a member of the scholarship committee
- Commit to Gulliver as their first choice school