Global Academic Teaching Experience
The Global Academic Teaching Experience Program is designed to provide pre-service education students with an opportunity to have a unique and enriching experience in an environment reflective of the global populations and the international flair of the city of Miami, Florida.
- Programs tailored to each student's needs.
- One-week comprehensive experience program.
- Competitive selection process ensures the maximum educational experience for student participants.
- Students mentored in classrooms with clinically trained educators who are state and/or nationally certified.
- Certificate of Completion, along with corresponding documentation for participating university available upon completion.
- Experience in a world-class, private, globally diverse educational environment, PreK through 12th grade.
- Gulliver student and educator populations representing more than 50 countries around the globe.
- Introduction to Miami, a gateway to global businesses and educational communities.
- Professional networking opportunities.
- Placement with host family for housing needs while participating in program, if available.
- Complete a preliminary application.
- Be registered as a current student of an accredited, state-approved university or college educational program.
- Submit completed application along with required signed placement agreement from University signed by Dean or administrative department chair at the time of application submission, at least three months prior to participation in program.
- Background and drug screening prior to final acceptance into program.
- Provide one of the following:
-Current U.S. driver's license or international passport.
-State-issued photo ID
-Current university transcripts showing degree field and classes taken, along with grades.
- Specialized mentoring sessions
- Participation in interactive classroom experiences
- Demonstrations of digital technology
- Integration of Visual and Performing Arts programs
For further information please contact the Office of the Dean of Faculty at 786-709-4078.