Montgomery Drive Campus
The Montgomery Drive Campus accepts students with average to superior intellectual abilities. Students must meet specific testing/percentile levels. The Academic Achievement Program (AAP), formerly the Pinecrest Program, is appropriate for students who are on grade level or above grade level but not achieving their potential. Small class sizes, direct instruction in learning strategies and organizational skills, and many other support systems provide an environment in which students can become successful with Gulliver’s college preparatory curriculum. Students take their academic core subjects in the morning at the Montgomery Drive Campus and attend the Academy main campus in the afternoon for lunch, electives, and extra-curricular activities. Due to the comprehensive nature of the academic program, students must possess a level of competence in communication and social skills as well as show evidence that emotional or behavioral issues are not a concern. Students who are disruptive in the learning environment are not appropriate candidates.
The majority of candidates fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Gifted students who lack motivation and have weak executive functioning skills.
- Capable students from other countries whose English skills need to be strengthened to allow them to manage Gulliver’s rigorous college preparatory curriculum.
- Students who have come from a less rigorous academic setting and need to improve their study skills and work habits. These are usually bright students, with no behavioral issues, who have not reached their potential due to either an inadequate school setting or a deficit in attention and/or organization.
- Students with a written diagnosis of a language and/or learning disability who have received a level of remediation that allows them to manage the rigors of a college preparatory curriculum.
- Students who have become academically vulnerable due to a combination of personal circumstances that have compromised their academic performance.